Saturday, September 04, 2010

Finishing



I do have some finished projects to share:
This is Truly Tasha by Nancy Bush. I used a DK wool spun at the Coldharbour Mill in Uffculme, Devon, England. It was a great yarn to work with and will remind me of that trip whenever I wear the shawl. I was a bit disappointed that it wasn't bigger. Last week I discovered another skein of the yarn but I was not about to take off the edging and make it bigger. I will have to make a coordinating accessory! The closure was obtained in Dublin.
While in Dublin, I visited This is Knit. They had these little baby sweater kits made up so I grabbed one. The kit was called Cute as a Button, it included a handmade cow button. Once complete, the button was too big so I subbed in one I had on hand. The cow button will be used in a future project.

I have completed 4 hats for homeless men on my recent trips and will get some more made up before the cold weather hits.

I have several works in progress and another completed project to share. Stay tuned.

2 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Both are beautiful projects. What a gorgeous scarf, and fastener, that is a nice vacation keepsake!

6:00 PM  
Blogger cheryl said...

I love the shawl and the color. Another great job Judy.....

8:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home