Finishing Frenzy
Oh, I love it when projects come together. I have had a flurry of finishing!
Here is a log cabin blanket done in Rown Cotton Glace and a flannel scrap quilt. Both were just excellent stash busters and fun to work on.
This is the Mondo Cable Vest from Chic Knits. The color isn't showing off too well. It is more burgundy than the photo. I got this yarn about 8 years ago in Shetland at the Jamison and Smith offices. It is worsted weight and was at a very fine price. It will be a great travel layer.
Here we have the Mini Weaver's Shawl from Mountain Colors using their Weaver's Wool Quarters. It only took one 350 yard skein. This is going in the suitcase as I pack to go to Ireland next week.
I am busy working on the shoulder straps on Nova Scotia then there will be just 2 sleeves. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. Just about a year in the making.
I am starting a new project for the Ireland trip next week. I hope to snap a photo before I leave so my progress can be noted.



4 Comments:
You are getting a lot done! I hope you have a wonderful vacation Judy.
I could never knit such a wonderful blanket & your sweater vest is super neat. I know you'll get lots of wear out of that style.
Really like your blocking board; the shawl is lovely & should be a great traveling accessory. What project are you beginning for your Ireland trip? Must keep fingers busy, huh?
Well, I am impressed! Might have to make the shawl for my own trip to Ireland, England and Scotland this fall.
Having seen them all in person....I can say that the photos do not do them justice. They are all beautiful and will serve you well in Ireland....oh how lucky to go to that Emerald Isle once again.......
Post a Comment
<< Home