Friday, August 13, 2010

Summertime

It's been awhile since my last post, so sorry. I have been busy finishing projects and vacationing!

Here I am visiting Knit Wits in Boise while the rest of the crew hit Cabela's.


DD and I joined my brother's family for a trip to McCall, Idaho. Besides a big day on the lake, there was time for a fabulous massage and some shopping!


Here is the haul from the quilt stores in McCall, Grandma's Attic and Huckleberry Patches. A table runner with a coffee theme, Halloween fat quarters, some fall fabric for a tote bag and the big pile is a kit to make Sheep in the Willows.






Right next door to Huckeberry Patches is Keep Me in Stitches. Such good planning to have these shops close by!Lynda, the owner, does her own hand dying. The sock yarn on the left is hers. She also bundled a handdyed skein with a Noro sock yarn and suggests a seed stitch scarf alternating the skeins at random. The samples were gorgeous so I have a tourquise and brown combo in the queue. On the far right is a skein of sock yarn purchased in Boise at Knit Wits.

Mid July I met friend Irene at YarnWest in Bergen Park. A new yarn shop in the area and one not to be missed. I did get some sock yarn there but it has already been made up and is out the door! There was an assortment of hand sewn pillow tops, many of a lodge theme but I claimed this one with the vintage patterns as it fits into my guest room decor.


Stay tuned for some finished objects. I have been knitting and am off to Stitches Midwest in Chicago on Sunday.






2 Comments:

Blogger Ewespecial said...

What a fun time & great shops--no wonder you enjoyed yourself. Enjoy stitches; will be interested to see what is new in that arena.

7:38 AM  
Blogger cheryl said...

Love the sheep quilt. Looks like work but how adorable. Glad you had such a good time in Idaho.

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home