Sunday, May 09, 2010

The Denver Skyline


Now hanging in my living room, The Denver Skyline. This project, about 5 years in the making, was a quilt-as-you-go projcct from Fabric Expressions in Littleton, CO. Each month for a year, a section of the quilt was distributed. Once that was done, it sat for awhile as I attempted to figure out how to get the quilting and embroidery done. Finally, I got lucky: the DIL of my friend Barb said she would do it. Maryam had the quilt for a couple years. With 2 small girls, her time was limited. The result was just fabulous. She did lots of detail embroidery on the buildings and the flowers (which represent Washington Park). She returned it to me for some bead embellishment (note I-25 with the row of "cars") along the Platte River. I added the binding and yesterday, my friend Lynne helped me hang it up on the wall. Somewhat a temporary hanging (push pins) while I see how I like it here. So far, it looks great. It really adds life to the room. I am very pleased with the results. Worth every hour of effort.

Stay tuned, there will knitting soon and perhaps a pic or two from my recent trip to Ireland.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ewespecial said...

All I can say is "WOW"--what a great accomplishment!

7:48 AM  
Blogger cheryl said...

It's amazing. I think I saw that pattern once in a quilt shop, years ago. Loved it but never thought I would have the time and patience to attempt it. Can't wait to see it.....

7:58 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

That's gorgeous, Judy, what a special piece. I look forward to pictures of Ireland!

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home