Saturday, September 04, 2010

Another FO and some WIPS

This is Jazz by Hanne Falkenberg. I really need to get back to this. It keeps being pre-empted by other work and it is not portable so it has been sadly idle.

Here is the Basic Wrap from Knitting Noro. Beware, this project had a few errata (wrong yarn, wrong gauge, wrong photo). It is turning out nicely once I got all this figured out. It is actually about double this size as it has been going with me to knitting group and other places requiring a mindless project. I am working with Silk Garden lite obtained at Serendipity in Buena Vista.

Nova Scotia by Alice Starmore is another project that keeps getting neglected. I am back to it today as I finished up the following:


This is the Flying Dales cardigan from Lisa Lloyd. It is one of the many projects in her wonderful book A Fine Fleece. I finished this up for my friend Barb. She had it almost to the armhole and I took it from there. She did try it on last week so I could double check sleeve length. It is now dry and ready for delivery. The yarn is Black Water Abbey 2-ply worsted in the color Old Purple. Buttons need to be selected but I will leave that to Barb.
I will be starting 2 new, small projects that I have identified to take on my upcoming trip to Italy with Joyce James Tours. I have taken a number of trips with Joyce as they are small in size and focus on many fiber and textile excursions as well as the usual tourist sites. Several repeat travelers will be going. It should be a wonderful adventure.

I am using this holiday weekend to really get a grip on the projects for the rest of the year! Wish me luck.

4 Comments:

Blogger Ewespecial said...

I'm always amazed at your work! and that you do accomplish to finish something complicated--love all your pieces.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Good luck getting projects lined up for the rest of the year. You've got a lot of beautiful projects going! I am always amazed how you turn up each week with something totally different in hand, but you do have many more knitting years in than I do :).

5:59 PM  
Blogger cheryl said...

Wow! That's a lot of work there. I love how the Noro wrap is turning out, I may have to try that one someday........

8:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your new purple cardigan! I am sure Barb will chose some beautiful buttons! :)

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home