Sunday, March 06, 2011

Special projects






Yes, it has been awhile since my last post. It is the photos that slow me down. I have been plenty busy but taking the pics, uploading, etc. is when I run out of steam. I have updated my projects on Ravelry. You can find me as Jpearce and under my notebook, the projects. If you are not familiar with Ravelry and have even a mild interest in knitting or crochet, join up at RavelryDOTcom. It is free and provides a wealth of free patterns, discussion groups, shopping...as Knitspot once said: "Ravelry is Facebook, on steroids, for knitters." A real time suck if you need such. If you join, make me your friend.

This weekend I finished up a significant, non-knitting, project: The Wisconsin Cheese Box. The box was purchased at The Little Wool Shoppe in Windsor last fall. It came with flannel and felted wool to applique a top and bottom for the box to make it a sewing box ( or a knitting project could hide therein). This project involved A LOT of blanket stitch and other embroidery stitches and has been in progress for about 2 months. The REVEAL:

The top and bottom







The inside is lined with Mary Englebreit sewing themed fabric purchased long ago. I am glad this is done and I can move on to something new like finishing my Block of the Week from Piece 'n Quilt.



1 Comments:

Blogger Ewespecial said...

Yippee!! Looks good! now, just hope I can make mine look as good.

7:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home