Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Giving and Receiving

Lucky me! My dear friend Barb made me this lovely pair of Valentine socks at our sock machine crank-in last weekend. They are of Ty-Dy sock yarn - soft as butter. Yum!

Last night at our weekly knitting group at Knit Knack, Kari gifted me with this darling cupcake. She had needed chocolate brown yarn the previous week and my stash was happy to oblige. This cupcake is so cheery. I smile everytime I look at him.



I sent this package off to Dublin to help my niece Mary keep her feet warm. She posted on Facebook that her feet were freezing to death. These are the French Press Slipper in Limeade from Brown Sheep and the Ty-Dy rainbow sock yarn cranked on my NewZealandAutoKnitter. Buttons are from Fancy Image.
Mary will be studying all semester in Dublin. DD and I plan to visit her later in the spring.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

What great gifts you received. And I love the slippers and socks that you made. I've been meaning to give those slippers a go - such a cute pattern. Great colour that you chose :)

6:08 AM  
Blogger Ewespecial said...

you are one super person--great gifts to receive and great gifts to give! Sock it to me monkey had a fun time last week. He also met up with a couple of other sock monkeys & they partied like crazy! we even had some flying monkeys on the grounds--crazy fun!

1:14 PM  
Blogger cheryl said...

Love those rainbow ty-dye socks and the slippers are precious. Great gifting going on.....

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home