Sock Convention 2008
I returned from the Circular Sock Machine Society of America (CSMSA) last Sunday. I have been catching up since then. I did finish Heartbeat which was one of my June goals. I will photo it after it dries.
The sock convention was tons of fun. A long drive to Nashville, IN from here but my companions, the blogless Barb and Karlene, were delightful and
the time went by easily.
the time went by easily. There were over 100 sock knitters
Delghtful door prizes - this is a handmade amulet bag. I love it. I started one once and gave up after about an hour - something about me and beads not getting along!

I did make 3 pairs of socks but have not closed the toes yet and one really needs a redo. Stay tuned on those. The machine and the operator (me ) are getting along much better and should be more productive in the future. Next year the group will meet in Lacey, WA outside of Seattle. That will be a lovely area.
Enroute we stopped at the Yarn Barn in Lawrence and at Hillcreek Yarns in Columbia, MO. I picked up a little sock yarn there and at the convention itself. The only class I took was making Sock Monkeys. I look forward to trying these.



4 Comments:
I'm glad you had so much fun!
You KNOW I'm jealous. I really wish I could have gone- but I had fun at Camp Wannaknitknit with the Littleton girls.
Maybe next year!!!
Sounds like a great time! I can't wait to see what you made.
Argh! You came through KC & didn't stop to see me? Don't ever do that again!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home