Sunday, April 13, 2008

Sock yarn rules

Hmmm, I have been on a sock yarn quest. Yes, I have lots of sock yarn but it had been so long...I placed an order with The Loopy Ewe on Wednesday. It was in my mailbox Saturday. It started with a Hand Maiden wool/silk called "Paris". How could I resist since I am winging there on Tuesday. But, Alas, there is some Dream in Color Smooshy, Spindle City (chocolate covered cherries)and Bearfoot that leaped into my cart.


While teaching at Posh yesterday, I bought some "Happy Feet". I have been wanting to try this yarn.

Also, yesterday I visited Knit Knack and found a bag of Loop-d-Loop Moss in a delightful pink for the seed stitch jacket pattern I bought at Stitches West. Big bag sale going on at KK for their 1st anniversary. The varigated is Katia Jamaica for a market bag.



The real reason I went to KK yesterday was for the Single Sock Swap. This is the deal where we had a secret partner, made her ONE sock (based on a set of questions and answers) and they make the 2nd sock. It was an excellent idea so one did not sucumb to 2nd sock syndrome! I was just sure I had drawn Nachaele's name based on the preferences listed. WRONG, my sock went to Allegra. See her modeling her sock. Also she shows the sock she made for Nachaele. Nachaele made a sock for Marly, and Marly made one for me.

I may take sock two to Paris. I just love my new sock, in Shi Bui, and it is a perfect fit. Now to match the gauge! This was so much fun. I believe we will do it again this summer and hope for more participants.



I had hoped to finish the Chevron scarf before the trip but I need a break from it so it may come along and be blocked on the hotel floor! I need a change of pace from the Chevron today. Maybe the Marly sock or my Conwy sock, or, or, or. Lots of options out there to work on as I finish up laundry and etc.


Stay tuned for some photos from France in a couple weeks!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bon Voyage Madame Judy......I can only daydream about all you will see in France. May your visit bring you memories to last a lifetime..........Cheryl

10:26 AM  
Blogger Allegra said...

That's some nice new sock yarn, Judy! I am loving my sock and can't wait until it meets its mate. Have a wonderful trip to Paris.

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh what fun! i need to get off my butt and figure out how to make socks!

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home