In a bind and a block
Here is a fun kid quilt insprired by Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville. I used some fat quarters obtained at the Sewing Summit in Salt Lake this fall for the dark centers with cheery animals. Then framed them in the evening star pattern with bright scraps and a lime green sashing. Bonnie did a checkerboard sashing which I thought was a bit busy. The backing is dots and I bound with orange. I think this turned out pretty cute. I stitched in the ditch around the centers and the sashing.
Here is a project from one of my favorite blogs In Color Order. This is a project she did called Warm/Cool. It is just 20" x 20" and used scraps too. Sort of like putting a puzzle together. The backing is navy (cool) and the yellow binding finishes up in warm. Jeni at In Color Order is doing a Half Square Triangle block of the month. I wasn't going to participate but late in January I got the idea of making blocks that represented things I like or seasonal but using some of the little collections of fabrics accumulated for no particular reason other than I liked them. So for January, we have a knitting themed block! I am getting ready to start on February so stay tuned.
For those looking for knitting content, it's coming. I have just a few rows to go on Arroway. It will be ready to go with me to Madrona mid-month.



6 Comments:
Oh wow, you have been busy quilting. They are all gorgeous. How fun is the knitty fabric :)
Nice pieces. I like your knitting themed block :) Looking forward to seeing what all you put in this quilt over the year!
Your quilts look great! I love the knitting themed block, too :)
Do you have any afgan patterns that would be good for a young girl. And easy for me to knit?
So missed your last two blog posts--am anxious to hear about Madrona Fiber Arts wkend--two of our gals at spin-in are from that region & spoke about attending--thinking next yr could be time for me to go as well!
You are doing such wonderful things with fabric--love your color combinations! Are you working on Feb. Westknits shawl? I finished Jan--ran out of yarn for one color so just let it be. Feb pattern is rather interesting. Happy stitching!
Amazing quilting from a very good knitter! So colourful!
Post a Comment
<< Home