Blankies
Today I washed up a rag quilt using leftovers donated by my friend Marilyn of BlackWaterAbbey Yarns. I have washed it twice. It probably needs another wash/dry but I will use the lint roller on it first. This blankie is very soft and warm .
Back in the spring when Mason Dixon came out with the Mitered Squares Blanket pattern to support the tsunami, I jumped right on the bandwagon and made a full sized blanket in Noro. I just loved working on it and thought...what if...I made a smaller scale one with left over sock yarn and it became a car seat blanket. I worked on these miters for travel and mindless knitting. Some while my brother was dying of colen cancer and eventually...
Back in the spring when Mason Dixon came out with the Mitered Squares Blanket pattern to support the tsunami, I jumped right on the bandwagon and made a full sized blanket in Noro. I just loved working on it and thought...what if...I made a smaller scale one with left over sock yarn and it became a car seat blanket. I worked on these miters for travel and mindless knitting. Some while my brother was dying of colen cancer and eventually...
The border is done in a royal blue Wollmeise. I had 2 skeins. The first skein yielded 8 squares so that setteled the size at 16. I would have prefered an applied I-cord edging but was lucky to get around with a single crochet before running out of yarn.
I am quilting these days and will have some others finished up shortly. Also working on the Arroway shawl from Stephen West, the Jigsaw Afghan and the Pagode from Hanne Falkenberg.
Thinking about my upcoming trip to Madrona. What to knit ? What to wear? What to buy?



1 Comments:
Looks like you've gotten lots done lately. I love the snuggly flannel blanket!!
Post a Comment
<< Home