Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Westknits and more

 Here we have the Westknits Mystery KAL shawl in size small. I used Cashmara from Fly Designs, and a varigated and solid Koigu from the bountiful stash to create this shawlette, week by week, with Stephen West. I might not have been tempted but I was encouraged by my friend Cheryl McW and I was so enjoying working on
 Daybreak, another Stephen West design. I wound up finishing them both up on the same day. Daybreak, in size medium was done with some travel treasures: The sagey green I purchased at Knit It in Dublin. The brown was from London-Wul in New Brunswick, Canada. Both are delightful yarns.

I have spent a couple of weeks reorganizing fabric based on my class Scrap Mastery at Wooden Spools on Aug 20th. Here we have Fat Quarters, filed by color, in a small drawer, er 3 small drawers.
 And larger pieces, also by color, in 3 large drawers.
Smaller pieces are now strips of 2" or 2.5" and 3.5" squares, sorted light and dark. I will dive in here to get ready for my Courthouse Steps class in Sept. Meanwhile, I am finishing up my logs from Scrappy Log cabin. These classes are taught by Jessica at Wooden Spools.

I am enjoying this dalliance in productibity imensely. Also, I have gathered up 3 boxes of donations for TACtile. They are collecting for their garage sale between Sept 12 and 27.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mikki said...

yours looks great, I ripped mine out because I didn't like the way my colors went together. I will cast it on with other colors this winter. See you soon.:)

8:17 PM  
Blogger Ewespecial said...

You're looking good!! Love the yellow chest & what a great use for it--always feels good to have things in a neat, precise order--you can work better that way.
Like both of your shawls--am glad you joined me on the mystery shawl which was a fun knit!
cmcw

8:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home