Sunday, August 07, 2011

Working along



 I started the Westknits Mystery KAL yesterday. This is clue #1. There will be more clues on the next 3 Mondays. The predominent, or anchor yarn as Stephen West calls it, is a Teal Cashmara from Angora Valley. The other solid is a deep forest green of Koigu and the varigated is also Koigu. The dark colors and the low contrast don't photograph well but it is very rich and luscious. Can't wait for the next clue. All the yarns are sock weight on a size 4 needle.
 Ah, the HRH Kate Shawl by Esther Budd. This is the body. It awaits me to be in the mood to pick up all the way around and double the number of stitches. This is aptly named the Suicide Ruffle.
 I was midway on Daybreak by Stephen West when Ewespecial told me about the Mystery KAL and I jumped into that as I am liking this one so well. I am on a real campaign to use sock yarn for other than socks. I got the light colored yarn in Dublin last year, The dark is from a trip to Canada a couple years back. I love it when the perfect project comes up to use a yarn purchased on a trip.
Shifting gears, here are 36 blocks arranged on the living room floor. I hope there will be some placement hints in the quilt-a - long instructions. I picked the blocks up in order and will await instruction. I am actually a couple weeks ahead on this project!

I have clean up to do in the studio after finishing these blocks. Also, after locating yarn for the West projects, I think separating the varigated and the solid color sock yarns might be wise. I was going through each bin trying to find the solids. We will not go into how many bins exist

1 Comments:

Blogger Ewespecial said...

So glad you joined in the Westknits KAL--I know how much you really like mysteries :-}
I'm loving this KAL--so looked in my Ravelry library and there was Daybreak! so glad I have that one ready for the needles.
Love your 36 block challenge! This is going to be quite a quilt!
okay, keep us posted on that 'suicide' ruffle--can't imagine how long and boring that will be!!
happy stitching! cheryl mcw
and today blogger is working for posts! hurrah!!

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home