Sunday, February 08, 2009

Catching Up

Last weekend DD and I went to the Sticks 'n Stitches hockey game with the Avalanche vs the Ducks. Sadly, the AVs lost but I was a winner of

An Av hockey stick and puck! Also there was yarn donated by Purls of Wisdom in Parker, Rowan no less. And magazines were given away by Interweave and I have a nice discount coupon from Posh. A very nice day! I took the Lacey Rib sock to work on at the game. I'm using yarn DD brought me from Argentina. It is working up nicely.
Also last weekend, the Classic Gansey made it to the finish line. It needs buttons but that won't be hard and it is set to go for Stitches West.



Coming up, I will be teaching a small, sampler gansey class at The Cottage Yarn Feb 14 and 21 from 10:30-12:30. This little sample was made by Karlene and she was kind enough to loan it to me for the class. It is on display at the shop right now. This class will be followed up by a class to make the full size gansey of your choice. We will be using Beth Brown-Reinsel's book Knitting Ganseys. Beth was so kind to give me permission to teach this class of gansey techniques.

So nice of Little Loopy to model for us.

I started the Labyrinth bag from the Holiday Gifts Interweave. It is coming right along, now at the halfway point.



I am working on the sleeve gussets for the Crayon Jacket. This has a good shot at being worn at Stitches West.

A good friend came to visit from Nebraska this weekend. We attend the Rocky Mountain Sew Expo and did a bit of shopping. She brought me the most wonderful wall hanging combining my love of fiber and fabric. I will place it in the craft room and enjoy it often. Thank you, Lynne.







3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have been busy. Look at those prizes. Too bad you didn't win two hockey sticks, wouldn't need those size 35 needles. Cheryl

7:45 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

I was at the Expo too, on Saturday. Cheryl Oberle's yarns and books were to lust after, eh?

Congrats on the win for you at the hockey game, too bad the Avs couldn't have followed your example.

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love that quilt wall hanging!

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home