Onward: 2009
After recapping the year of 2008, I took a hard look at the projects completed and came up with a list of characteristics that made a project fun and rewarding for me:
1. I seem to like the modular projects, especially if they use up my stash!
2. I love anything that I am sure the person I am making it for will appreciate.
3. I also like the somewhat boring, projects for mindless knitting while traveling or socializing.
4. I seem to be able to handle only one project at a time that requires high concentration.
5. Squeezing in a quick hat, scarf, gift helps with the instant gratification need.
6. I still love cablesSo where does 2009 go knit-wise?
I am pleased to be participating in the 12 Days of Christmas KAL on Rav. I have gotten the Classic Gansey to the sleeves

And the Crayon Jacket should be to the armhole by tomorrow night when the 12 Days comes to an end.

First thing to be cast on tomorrow will be the infamous Noro 2-row scarf.
I also want to make some of the caps for the troops this month. 

Sweater-wise I might go with Klaralund for something cheery.
I do have to make something for my Valentine swap partner, thinking socks. The rest of her package is ready.
I am not thinking too far out on projects at this time. Just Jan-Feb for now. The Gansey needs to be done for Stitches West. I also wanted to finish the Crayon Jacket and show designer Chris Blysma the finished project from the class she taught here in Denver in Sept.
And then there is the sock machine! Things are going well. I need to make a pair for the husband of a friend who hates wool. This could challenge the machine but I will give it a go. Also there are some upcoming machine events to continue the honing of my skills.
This morning I will gather up some yarn for donation and try to get the room in better order. I visited the craft room of Creative Process yesterday and was so envious of her organization and decor. I felt inspired to improve my area. I better get busy on that before the spirit fades!
Stay tuned for year end bargains I have purchased.
All the best in the new year.



4 Comments:
Love your sweater! Great progress :) I am still amazed at the crayon box sweater, it is so beautiful! :)
I like the idea of just having 2-3 month goals at a time! That is what I did too.
Valentine's Day swap?! Where did you join that.....let me guess, Ravelry? I will have to check it out.
Miss you! Happy New Year!
Judy,
You amaze me, all the beautiful work you have done. I can't wait to see them finished. You are my inspiration.....Cheryl
You're too sweet Judy. I am so glad you were able to come by. I can't wait to see your FOs.
The crayon sweater is fantastic. I love all the color and texture. I love cables too.
Blogless Christie
Post a Comment
<< Home