The Christmas Stocking


What you see here is my Nordic Christmas Stocking. The pattern was designed by Sally Melville for our Scandinavian trip this summer. The cuff sports an Icelandic design, the front a Norwegian motif and the back of the stocking is Faroese. The yarn was obtained at the Dale of Norway factory in Bergen, Norway. I got the cuff done on the trip but put the stocking aside for other knitterly endeavors. After seeing the completed stocking of my friend and traveling companion, Judy S, I knew I had to have mine done for the holiday. Voila, I started it back up Thanksgiving weekend and finished it last week. Running it through the washer gave it a nice, cozy feel. It now adorns the fireplace in case anyone wants to pop down the chimney and fill it up. The stocking is such a wonderful momento of a wonderful trip.



1 Comments:
Very nice stocking Judy.
Post a Comment
<< Home