Friday, December 08, 2006

Fiber Experiences - Longmont

Monday, Beth and I traveled to Longmont and met up with Deb Robson of Nomad Press. Deb was kind enough to sign this book for me :

We were joined by Donna Druchunus. Deb presented Beth and I with copies of Donna's recent book :


This book is so interesting and has some great projects. I happen to have a skein of Quivet so perhaps the Arctic Lace KAL is in my future.

What struck me most about meeting with Deb and Donna is how much fun they are having with their endeavors. It was a very inspiring gathering.
In other news, my friend Cheryl and I made another trip to Longmont, this time for the Icelandic Designs warehouse sale. This annual event adds to my sweater wardrobe without knitting! Great bargains. Sale continues through Dec 9th.

Meanwhile, I am working on Kerry, a Booga bag, Polperro, and my Nordic Christmas stocking. I see a bit of felting coming up too.

Check out Diane's blog for a FINISHED Fana from the workshop.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eek! We're famous! See right there, above this comment? Famous.

Yes, Donna and I *are* having a lot of fun. Also a lot of work, but the balance is on the correct side of the equation. We're heading into another book.

Back to work.

6:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! ...and I'm famous to have been mentioned in the same post as Deborah and Donna!!

Thanks Judy, for your comments on my mini Fana. First, some of Beth's socks in my future- and then on to a full sized Norwegian Fana! Thanks so much for organizing and putting on such a nice workshop. It was a delight.

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops! My comment came up anonymous, but it's me - Diane!

3:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home