I have been knitting quite abit, just not blogging. I've made some progress on my sock knitting machine and produced 3 nice pairs
I still have a ways to go to get the sizing right. From left to right we have a new yarn called "Ditto" purchased at Woolen Treasures in Loveland, Trekking and Online from A Knitted Peace in Littleton. The Ditto is much thinner and did not produce a sock with much body. I also completed my Triangle Scarf from the modular knitting class I took from Ginger Luters in October. This was of a varigated and solid alpaca. It was fun to do and is very warm.

Valentine's Day prompted me to start a new project, Poppy. It is on the cover of YarnPlay. I have a magenta look to mine also. It is of Silk Garden and Cash Iroha and going quickly as it is very mindless. 

Also gracing the needles is the 1) FLAK (Follow the leader Aran knitalong). I have about 18 inches done of 23. It is a cardigan of Black Water Abbey Iris. 2) Cavendish - a Silk Garden Throw and 3) Kinsale from Starmore using 5 ply guernsey yarn from the UK and 4) sock # 2 in Socks that Rock Ruby Slippers from Wendy's generic toe up sock pattern.
The sock will be going with me to Stitches West. I leave Wednesday. Please stop by and say hi if you are at the show. I will be in the Black Water Abbey booth. Most likely I will be wearing my Kerry cardigan.
I look forward to getting away from the snow!



1 Comments:
Hi Judy,
I hope that you had a good time at Stitches. Did you add to your stash?
I found a blog and the knitter is talking about her sock machine. I thought you might find it interesting, if you haven't read it already. There is also a link to a sock machine knitters ring.
http://askthebellwether.blogspot.com/2007/01/sock-machines-do-you-weight-heel-once.html
Post a Comment
<< Home