Fiber Experience- Lindsborg, Kansas

DD and I traveled to Lindsborg, Kansas this week. Lindsborg is in central Kansas, just south of Salina. It is a town with heavy Swedish heritage. I had my picture taken with the symbolic Dala horse .
While the purpose of our visit was to attend funeral services for DD's lovely 97 year old grandmother, we did visit around town after all the activities were complete. I requested a stop at Laura Mae's Cottage. This is a yarn shop located in the owner's garage. Nice selection and DD spotted this sweater kit. "If you make it, I'll wear it" said she so home it came with us. This will be a nice
, lasting keepsake of her grandparents' home.We made it home safely before the start of snow storm # 3. That means more shoveling to deal with. There was finally a trash pick up while we were gone. Meanwhile, I did not make much progress on the Polperro sleeves. This due to sleeping much of the way home on Thursday and the bright sun when we drove out on Tuesday. At least I will be able to measure the sleeve length next weekend when my brother is in town.



2 Comments:
What a fun looking sweater - it will definitely be a good memory for your daughter.
Glad that you got home before "the next round" hit. Stay safe & warm! :)
What a perfect souvenir!
I'm glad that you made it home safely. Enjoy the break before storm #4 next weekend.
See you on Friday.
Post a Comment
<< Home