Friday, July 21, 2006

Norway in a Nutshell

Photos, finally. Norway in a Nutshell is a popular tourist experience taking guests from Olso to Bergen via train, ferry and bus. Absolutely breathtaking, even on my second trip.


Here is a view from the train as it travels from Oslo Central Station to Myrdal. It is a fairly steep climb but not as steep as the train from Myrdal to Flan. The trip to Flan involves both train and ferry.

A bus took us from the dock UP, way up, to the Stalheim Hotel. I had been here in 98 but just a quick postcard stop. I thought then it would be a lovely place to stay and it truly was. Views from the Stalheim Hotel:

As you can see, the weather is great. Temperatures around 65. The lcoal beer was Hansa. Sure tasted good after a long day!

I will continue later with a few photos from the stop at Dale of Norway on the road to Bergen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home