Saturday, June 01, 2013

Outdoor Quilt Show

This navy quilt is called Settler's Star. It was made at a class at Wooden Spools in Denver taught by Jessica Vaughn. The stars are fabrics I collected on a trip to Denmark in 1999. They have been aging nicely. The back is a navy batik. The quilting was done by Alycia of quiltygirlquilts.com.

Under the Settler's is the Rooster Quilt. I did this with a jelly roll in a class taught by Natalia Bonner of Piecenquilt.com. Natalia also did the quilting in a chicken wire pattern. The chicken backing came from Fringe in Salida.
Above is the Craftsy 2012 Block of the Month. This was a free project hosted by Amy Gibson. Check Amy out at Stitcherydickorydock.com. She is unbelievable. I used scraps for this and Kona Tarragon for background. I found the perfect print for the back and a striped binding at Wooden Spools. Alycia did a great job quilting this also.

Below is Spools done in the Mama Said Sew fabric line from Sweetwater by Moda. I love this line and have another project at the quilter using it. This was pretty quick as it is quite small. It will be hanging on the stairwell leading to the studio. Mary Bohn quilted this for me. She is busy doing 4 quilts for me now.
I have a large quilt that needs binding. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home