Knitting in 2007, A Review
Looks like I deleted most of the pictures after I did a blog entry so this will be a somewhat pictureless post but did want to recap the knitting accomplishments for 2007:
Sweaters completed:
FLAK ( follow the leader Aran Knit along conducted by Janet Szabo of Big Sky Knitting). This was a design your own Aran under Janet's internet direction. I used Black Water Abbey in the Iris color and designed an Aran jacket.
Polperro from the Jamieson book one designed by Cheryl Oberle. I used BWA in the Mountain color for my mountain resident brother. He picked the color and the design from several options.
Poppy from the book Yarn Play. I used Noro Silk Garden and Cashiroha. I had to upsize it alot and had trouble getting the sleeves right. Yesterday, I shortened them again.

Buttery Autumn from the book Cable Needle Freedom. I did this cabled cardigan along with the class I taught at The Cottage Yarn. I used Donegal Tweed in a teal color. This is a great sweater and I love wearing it.
Jawbreaker from Intereweave Spring 2007. It was thanks to Nacheale that I decided to make this. It was a quick knit and I used Aracunia Cotton in a coral varigated. I don't like wearing this sweater very much. It feels wierd to not have the sweater hang straight in front.
Also, I need to re- bind off the collar so it does not bunch in.
Isabella from Debbie Bliss. I worked on this during my vacation in England and France this year as it is simple stocking stitch and lots of it. I used a Rowan Classic Dk purchased at the bargain bin at the Rowan studio in Holmfirth, England. The bag of 10 was a pound sterling. Turned out well and I enjoy it. This is a cardigan that wraps around and has a large collar (which I shortened by 2 ")
Elongated Cardigan was done as a sample for BWA. The design is from Lisa Knits. It is a really nice basic cardigan. The pattern also features a vest. I did the sweater in Sky. You can see it on the BWA site.
Honeycomb pullover was another sample completed for BWA in the new emerald color. It is also from Cable Needle Freedom and was also done in conjunction with a class at The Cottage Yarn. This is on display at Knit Knack in Arvada. It is one of several options Marilyn will be teaching later in January. See the class descriptions and times at Knit Knack website.
Ty-Dy , a mitered T-shirt from Spring Knitter's , was done after i saw how nice this was on Barb and Karlene when we went to the sock machine convention in July. I had to have one. It went together quickly and I wore it alot in the late summer, early fall. Think I need another one.
Dala. This was a gift to DD for Christmas. She bought the kit last year when we were in Lindsborg, Kansas for her grandmother's funeral. Lindsborg is a Swedish town and this kit was in the LYS, Laura Mae's Cottage. She asked if I would make it and I did.

Other major projects included a throw of many yarns, the Dancing Poncho from Chris Bylsma, and the La Boheme shawl from Fiesta yarns. Babywise I made a quilt and the Moderne Baby Log Cabin from
Sweaters completed:
FLAK ( follow the leader Aran Knit along conducted by Janet Szabo of Big Sky Knitting). This was a design your own Aran under Janet's internet direction. I used Black Water Abbey in the Iris color and designed an Aran jacket.
Polperro from the Jamieson book one designed by Cheryl Oberle. I used BWA in the Mountain color for my mountain resident brother. He picked the color and the design from several options.
Poppy from the book Yarn Play. I used Noro Silk Garden and Cashiroha. I had to upsize it alot and had trouble getting the sleeves right. Yesterday, I shortened them again.

Buttery Autumn from the book Cable Needle Freedom. I did this cabled cardigan along with the class I taught at The Cottage Yarn. I used Donegal Tweed in a teal color. This is a great sweater and I love wearing it.
Jawbreaker from Intereweave Spring 2007. It was thanks to Nacheale that I decided to make this. It was a quick knit and I used Aracunia Cotton in a coral varigated. I don't like wearing this sweater very much. It feels wierd to not have the sweater hang straight in front.
Also, I need to re- bind off the collar so it does not bunch in.
Isabella from Debbie Bliss. I worked on this during my vacation in England and France this year as it is simple stocking stitch and lots of it. I used a Rowan Classic Dk purchased at the bargain bin at the Rowan studio in Holmfirth, England. The bag of 10 was a pound sterling. Turned out well and I enjoy it. This is a cardigan that wraps around and has a large collar (which I shortened by 2 ")
Elongated Cardigan was done as a sample for BWA. The design is from Lisa Knits. It is a really nice basic cardigan. The pattern also features a vest. I did the sweater in Sky. You can see it on the BWA site.
Honeycomb pullover was another sample completed for BWA in the new emerald color. It is also from Cable Needle Freedom and was also done in conjunction with a class at The Cottage Yarn. This is on display at Knit Knack in Arvada. It is one of several options Marilyn will be teaching later in January. See the class descriptions and times at Knit Knack website.
Ty-Dy , a mitered T-shirt from Spring Knitter's , was done after i saw how nice this was on Barb and Karlene when we went to the sock machine convention in July. I had to have one. It went together quickly and I wore it alot in the late summer, early fall. Think I need another one.
Dala. This was a gift to DD for Christmas. She bought the kit last year when we were in Lindsborg, Kansas for her grandmother's funeral. Lindsborg is a Swedish town and this kit was in the LYS, Laura Mae's Cottage. She asked if I would make it and I did.

Other major projects included a throw of many yarns, the Dancing Poncho from Chris Bylsma, and the La Boheme shawl from Fiesta yarns. Babywise I made a quilt and the Moderne Baby Log Cabin from
Last but not least there were scarves (5), socks (10 pair), purses (5), toys (10), hats (9) and mittens (6 pair). I managed about a dozen pair of socks on my circular sock knitting machine as well.
Wow. I am exhausted! What can 2008 bring ???
Happy New Year!



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home