Monday, September 17, 2007

Modern Quilt Wrap

Since seeing the Modern Quilt Wrap on Knitting Daily, I have been thinking about it. Knowing that it was featured in colors so NOT me, and in mohair, which I hate, what to do ? I tried putting together some combinations of Jamieson DK and shetland but it was so boring. Driving to meet a friend for lunch I thought this needed something bright... maybe reds...this brought me to the Vivian Hoxbro cable sweater long resting with about 1/2 of a front done. Since this project had been stalled for so long, I decided it could be abandoned and the reds, green, and gold used for the Quilt Wrap. Also, the wrap seemed abit narrow at 16 inches so it needed to be wider or narrower and be a scarf. I opted for the latter since I am using the jumper weight. It is about 8" wide and I love it:





Photo looks alittle dark. I will take another with the added length. I am enjoying working on it as it is fun to see what the next square will look like.

While on the mitered square kick, I resurrected the Dancing Crayon Poncho from Chris Bylsma. I am on the 4th and final square. This, too , is fun. A girl cannot live by miters alone though. Friday night I tried on Stacey's newly completed Sienna. This has been on my list and today, rainy and cloudy, seems like a good day to cast on for a most cozy sweater.
Also, I must bond with my sock machine. An expert sock knitter is coming to the area next week and will be helping me improve. This will be excellent. So, I am off for a very knitterly day on the home front.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great colors for the scarf! I can't wait to see what color you cast on for the sweater!

8:22 PM  
Blogger Claudia said...

Ooh I like those colors too. Have a fun knitterly day!

8:34 AM  
Blogger Terrie D. (StarSpry) said...

Love the scarf! Great idea :)

10:14 AM  
Blogger Purple Princess said...

I love that scarf. Good idea on the yarn, I too am not a fan of mohair. 8" is perfect for a scarf. I can't wait to see it.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Terri Lynn said...

Beautiful yarn and colors!

11:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home